Summary: Secretary Kim, the very capable secretary of 9 years of the quite handsome but full of himself vice chairman Lee Young Joon is quitting and leaving the very handsome boss frustrated. She has 2 months to train her replacement and convince her boss to let go of her so she can finally find what she likes doing most.
Genre: Romantic Comedy, Office, Rich Boy Poor Girl, Boss Romance, Chaebol
Stars: Park Seo Joon as Lee Young Joon
Park Min Young as Kim Mi So
Lee Tae Hwan as Lee Sung Yun
Likes: One of the dramas I was crazily waiting every week. Once in a while (if kdrama world allows it), I like to indulge myself into something eye candy -iesh with lots of cheese in it then topped with lots of laughing (sometimes crying) emojis! Why I like this one so much? Let me enumerate…
The LEADS! They are definitely my top reason. Even more than the story.
Park Seo Joon as Lee Young Joon – he looked so gorgeous and sexy here! This got to be my favourite Park Seo Joon’s role so far. Super eye candy – tall, handsome and dashing in every outfit. I must say, “AURA”! I love the cocky and narcissist character which made him always look perfect plus that determination that he would get everything that he wanted. He was by all means right at the end when he said, “You have this most eligible bachelor taken, thanks for getting me sold out”! Park Seo Joon’s hot bud is probably driving everyone nuts now! The director knows how to tease you girls. Look, how many scenes were there when you see him topless, gosh! Even that first night scene, he was the only one stripping! Oh well, when you have it, flaunt it, they say :).
Park Min Young as Kim Mi So – she is a doll! I mean how tiny is she to fit in those small-waisted office pencil skirts?! Kim Mi So character has to fit the perfect look of her boss so she had to look perfect as well. But damn, how perfect she really looked! Pretty face with proportional body and she rocked every office outfit she wore. Park Min Young is one top actress and this role was a break from her usual serious roles in the past. She always connects with her leading men and with Park Seo Joon, the chemistry is just so good.
The STORY! Well, it was this typical office romance or rich guy / poor girl kind of story but there was this semi dark twist to it which I really like. I think without it, it would have been quite boring. I like the flashbacks, the story that brought the two top characters to the present. I even like the child actors, they were quite good! It was well told which made the bond of the top characters more understandable. That, in combination with the rest, made it a really fun drama to watch.
Other small mentionable reasons:
- So generous with kissing scenes! I will never complain about this and with our hot, sexy, gorgeous top leads, I couldn’t have enough.
- With a 16-episode office romance drama, I’m glad they didn’t stick to filming inside the office all the time. Pretty good variations when it comes to set.
- I’ve got to give credit to the stylists and makeup artists. The outfits and makeup were top and I’m not just talking about the top leads’ but everyone. Everyone looked great! And if you need business attire ideas, watch this drama.
- Extra love teams! To get the focus away from the main characters, we had three extra love teams and I think these two extra teams were ice breakers!
- Love the cars! Hot leads, hot cars of course! It’s a Maserati overload!
- I love this non stop caramel promotion! I’ll try to make them myself. Soon!
- Kdrama fans would know this… Lee Young Joon’s glass house is the same Kim Joo Won’s house (Hyun Bin) in Secret Garden. Hm, memories. Definitely, place fitting a chaebol!
- Mi So’s rocker dad, I think he was funny :).
- If you love the OST like I do: What’s Wrong with Secretary Kim OST.
- This drama is big in picture perfect background. Referring to the big events at the very end. Lovely water backgrounds!
- To those who are suckers for good ending like me, this one’s a BIG one for us!
Dislikes: Brother wasn’t much of a competition. Handsome, yes, but lacking personality to compete with awesome Lee Young Joon!
That intimate moment when only the guy was undressing. Although I don’t complain about Park Seo Joon’s hot topless bud, it looked so awkward ;).
This drama made it to the Top 15 Kdrama in 2018. Watch video…